Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank you Barack Obama

In what I can only imagine was a first for a US president, Barack Obama acknowledged that there are Americans who do not believe in god. It is probably the last prejudice that no one talks about.

I googled "Obama non-believers" and before I clicked on any of the links a thought ran through my head that I am not proud of. I wondered if anyone was going to be able to track my actions and link my name to the search. It's not like I was off looking for ways to kill someone and get away with it. I just wanted to see what the talk was out there about this. Did anyone pick up on this little inclusion during what had to be the most watched event in history? I was actually fearful to be "caught" searching this.

But my search (because I did suck it up and click on many links) lead me to find some very thought provoking sites. This video below is my current favorite.

2 comments:

  1. People like me who are writing blogs aimed at nonbelievers are probably on someone's watch list. I guess that should scare me, but I'm at an age now that I don't care much. Once one is over 60, I think one has earned the right to be eccentric. I don't think I have a lot to worry about as long as I am not plotting evil deeds. Of course, lots of Christians think we are evil if be don't believe. I'll take my chances. I just think the more voices for unbelief the better. Often when i have told someone I am an atheist s/he refused to believe it ---I guess they expected horns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>> "Did anyone pick up on this little inclusion during what had to be the most watched event in history?"

    Here is a video essay covering its discussion on Fox News:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoXZE9U0Io

    ReplyDelete